Re: My solution of webfonts problem

Hi Paul!

On 19/04/2008, Paul Nelson (ATC) <paulnel@winse.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Having the UA be able to save the fonts will be an interesting idea.
> Doing so would have some legal implications for the UA to have
> access to the font EULA so the font software ... to be installed.

Doing so for javascript has some legal implications for the UA. Will
IE8 have access to the javascript EULA so the software can be
installed when clicking "Save Page As"?

> We should also expose "click" to purchase capabilities
> to allow people to be honest if the font is a commercial font.

We should also expose "click" to purchase capabilities to allow people
to be honest if an image is a commercial image. Maybe we can speak to
Creative Commons about this, their "CC Plus" initiative is paving the
way.

--
Regards,
Dave