RE: "non-zero top border" in 8.3.1

I agree we have to be careful when making late changes. I agree updating tests is also a factor to take into account.

I am not buying the argument that it shouldn't be changed because the spec is written 8 years ago. The whole reason the spec stayed in a draft for a long time is because it takes time to analyze it to finest detail and find all issues. This is one of them.

I am also not sure what you mean by lowering respect from implementers for CSS working group. It is the implementers who proposing this change.