RE: [css3-grid] comments

Thanks for the comments!

Note: I've published an update at http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-grid/overview.html . It addresses some of these points.

You are correct, direction of the grid changes with RTL and vertical. Progression of grid columns is same as ling progression, progression of grid rows is same as block progression. Although no other module is fully defined (yet) in all combinations of bidi and vertical, it is reasonable to expect grid direction to change in same way as tables. I will add a phrase to that effect (or use yours).

At F2F we've settled at 'fr' (for 'fraction'), (http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-grid/overview.html#explicit ). What do you think?

> Section 4.2.2 Table
>
> There must be N+1 grid lines if only a single grid line is counted
> between each row/column, in order to provide the first/last grid
> line. Perhaps it would be simpler to count the table columns/rows the
> same as in Section 4.2.1 Multi-column element, with two grid lines
> for each, and allow border collapse to combine the two grid lines.

That is my preference too. It may seem odd to collaps two lines in one, but it is consistent with multi-col. "3gr" is always two columns.

> Section 4.3 Default grid
>
> The sentence is poor english and unclear.
>
> Does it mean:
>
> Any element that has no explicit grid defined for it and which
> contains no elements defining an implicit grid is considered to have
> a single-cell grid.

The concept of "default grid" is removed (moved to issues). I think the concept is useful though. If it is OK for grid be undefined, it introduces yet another kind of containing block, which complicates the model but doesn't really enable new scenarios... But for now "default grid" is out.

> There seem to be unresolved issues in the last sections, but thanks
> to the team for an outstanding first effort. I hope it is implemented
> soon so I can use it.
>
> James Elmore

Thanks again for comments
Alex