Re: Proposal of @ua

On Nov 29, 2007, at 9:31 AM, Brad Kemper wrote:

> The people who use the hacks today are the very ones who are trying
> to support the widest variety of user agents. The ones who would
> exclude any users agents that weren't "supported" by the those
> authors already have adequate means of doing so. I continue to see
> no downside to this proposal (aside from possibly delaying Proposed
> Recommendation of Media Queries), in spite of all the resistance
> from implementors.

By the way, I didn't mean for that to sound like a slam against
implementors, and especially not against those who have engaged me in
dialogue. I do appreciate having this forum to try to argue my case.
I believe my arguments represent a large faction of authors who are
advancing CSS by using newer (and sometimes not-so-new) CSS
properties and values, and trying to do so in a way that still works
reasonably well in UAs that have varying levels of support for those
properties and values.