Re: Parsing media queries

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2007, at 19:14, fantasai wrote:
>
>> Henri Sivonen wrote:
>>> Case-insensitivity would be ASCII case-insensitivity, right? That is,
>>> "HEIGHT" should count as "height" but "HEÄ°GHT" shouldn't.
>>
>> I would normatively reference the appropriate section of Unicode on
>> default case mappings (not locale-dependent mappings), but since media
>> queries are all ASCII anyway, ASCII case-insensitivity is fine. :)
>
> The spec needs to say which treatment it wants. I tend to prefer
> ASCII-case-insensitivity when the canonical language tokens are
> ASCII-only, but I'm not sure what the convention in CSS implementations is.

Does it really make sense to make a special case just for media queries?
As far as I understand the CSS specs until now things like @media,
!imporant, color, red are *all* IDENTs which may contain CSS escapes. If
I understand the proposition of this thread right it is suggested to
make a special exception just for keyword "all" "print" etc in this
case? Does it not make problems for existing implementations which use
something like

 @media all {...}
 @media a\ll {...}
 @media \61 ll {...}

as equivalent?

Sorry if I misunderstand the issue but I just saw the whole thread and
am a bit out of context...

Chris