Re: [css3-text] Word wrap confirmation

Daniel Beardsmore wrote:

>> Generally because it is either (a) Experimental or (b) Unfinished

> But it would seem better, if such a feature is defined in CSS (which it is)

It isn't. The Mozilla implementation doesn't entirely (as far as I know)
match the draft specification, and the specification is not yet a
recommendation and thus subject to change.

> After all, if you don't implement it, you get pretty useless output! All
> newlines and consecutive spaces are lost.

CSS is supposed to be an optional presentation layer, the HTML should be
capable of standing on its own.

> So if there is something like a working implementation, let people see it.

They do - by giving it a different name. That way people can try it out.
When (and if) they finish implementing it / the spec becomes a
recommendation, they can change the name.

--
David Dorward                               <http://dorward.me.uk/>