Re: [Bulk] Re: 3rd call: CSS2: howto disable audio?

fantasai,

thanks for your continuing the plugin is loaded and starts because of
a pseudo-event in CSS.
the CSS is the prime mover, being pseudo-event. therefore as stated
before the buck stops there.

the plugin is merely following the instruction of CSS, it could also
stop the event but is not the primary cause.

unless you have something more helpful to add it's probably time to
stop adding to this thread.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

On 24 Jul 2007, at 23:17, fantasai wrote:

~:'' ありがとうございました。 wrote:
> Mike,
> on the contrary, I would not expect to have to use client-side
> script to modify a plugin.
> I would expect to be able to chose whether to enable plugins on a
> site by site basis, and that might be at application level.
> but also I would expect via a default user style sheet to be able
> to specify that for instance I did or did not want to play audio,
> and perhaps specify some aspects such as perhaps volume.

You cannot turn something off with a user style sheet if it was not
turned
on with a style sheet in the first place. If you want user control over
sound that was not turned on with aural CSS, then you need a user pref,
not a user style sheet.

~fantasai