Re: [Bulk] Re: 3rd call: CSS2: howto disable audio?

Mike,

on the contrary, I would not expect to have to use client-side script
to modify a plugin.
I would expect to be able to chose whether to enable plugins on a
site by site basis, and that might be at application level.
but also I would expect via a default user style sheet to be able to
specify that for instance I did or did not want to play audio, and
perhaps specify some aspects such as perhaps volume.

It's true that user style sheets have failed to gain popularity to
the same extent that authors use CSS, and the working group should
take time to consider why this might be.
it's also relevant to ask why the author has authority to include a
plugin and decide when it will launch using CSS, but the user has
little if any similar control.

please consider that aural css gives the user really quite refined if
unimplemented control.
something similar is at least worth discussing for audio in general.

also in respect of rdf which it seems in the future offers
considerable opportunities for improving expectations.

cheers

Jonathan Chetwynd