Re: flowing around both sides of a float Re: float:center (was: Re: Alignment property proposal)

On 31/12/2007, Peter Moulder <Peter.Moulder@infotech.monash.edu.au> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 09:57:49PM -0800, Brad Kemper wrote:
> > I agree with the examples James Elmore gives in his December 29, 2007 post.
>
> I don't.

The question posed was whether there are use cases in *typography*,
not in web pages. As posed, there are uses cases, and there are many
use cases even and I don't know why this is not obvious, since it is
very commonly done in typography (and in fact I was shocked to find
 that there is no "float: center" and this was a couple of years ago).

W.r.t. whether examples in web pages exist, of course they don't exist;
They need "float: center" to exist (otherwise you produce very fragile
pages that don't even work reliably in the same browser), and that does
not exist right now.
--
cheers,
-ambrose

Yahoo and Gmail must die. Yes, I use them, but they still must die.
PS: Don't trust everything you read in Wikipedia. (Very Important)