Re: Alignment property proposal

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 09:44:44 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> I think it would be good if one of these features exactly matches the
> behavior of <center>. (I thought that was the idea behind the proposal,
> at least for some proponents.) It seems that WebKit and Gecko have
> implemented that as text-align:-webkit-center and text-align:-moz-center
> respectively. Maybe we should introduce block-center as a value for
> text-align.

As for vertical centering and horizontal centering in general, I think we
should more seriously look into the flexible box model as featured by XUL.
Maybe combining it with the Advanced Layout Module in some way as Roc
suggested if that's at all feasible. I think that would solve a bunch of
layout issues people are currently running into and hacking around using
'float', 'position', and probably script.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>