From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Håkon Wium Lie
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 6:28 AM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: FW: IE Blog: Internet Explorer 8 and Acid2: A Milestone

I wrote:

 > I hope that IE8 passes the ACID2 test out of the box when it ships

Some people have asked me to clarify what I mean by this. What I mean
is that IE8 must be able to render Acid2 correctly by default. Users
should not have to change preferences for this to happen, and the
authors shouldn't have to change the test. It would be helpful if
Microsoft could confirm that Acid2 will pass by default, and that
other documents that ask for standards mode (as per [1]) also will
benefit from the improvements in standards mode.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quirks_mode

Cheers,

-h&kon