Re: FW: IE Blog: Internet Explorer 8 and Acid2: A Milestone

Daniel Glazman wrote:

> Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
>
>> Indeed it is! Congratulations to the IE8 team! Hooray! This is a
>> victory for the web!
>
> It's going to be a bit tougher to tell the EU Microsoft's not willing
> to implement standards-compliant products, eh ?
>
>   Acid2 is a test page, written to help browser vendors ensure proper
>   support for web standards in their products.
>          -- The Web Standards Project
>
> </Daniel>

Not really Daniel. The case against Microsoft with the EU is very strong
and I don't expect to see Microsoft to win it.

Acid2 is just a start, a step in the right direction.
There's a long way to go before anyone can say that "Microsoft is a
browser vendor that ensures proper support for web standards in their
products".

Where's the support for SVG, XHTML? Is there any commitment to support
(X)HTML5?

And even if IE8 supports these other standards; when will it be
released, and will IE8 be available on XP or just Vista? Or will it be
unbundled from the windows OS altogether?

Dean Edridge