Re: [css3-background] CSS Drop Shadows

Text-shadow is shadowing some actual drawing.  Box-shadow, though, is
just a decorative effect around the edges of a box.  I don't think
they are that similar (other than syntactically).

Possible new properties that would shadow actual drawing and that
would behave more like text-shadow include:
	shadow - Shadow all drawing done by the object and its descendants.
	border-shadow - Shadow actual border drawing (would get messy at
border corners just as RGBA overlap does)
	background-shadow - Shadow actual background drawing (this would do
more what you want with a partially transparent background for
example, since the shadow would show through the transparency)

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)