Re: Double standards in restrictions on downloadable fonts

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, Bert Bos wrote:

> Please, don't, Ian. Our policy doesn't tell us to make confidential
> information public. As the process document says: "Those authorized to
> access Member-only and Team-only information [...] must not release this
> information to the general public."

Wow. That's the clearest example of the attitude of secrecy and "process
over progress" that I've seen in a long time.

There was no confidential information in the mail I sent out. Maybe if you
didn't spend so much time trying to protect Microsoft, and spent a little
more time worrying about what would be the best for the Web, the CSS
working group wouldn't be in such a mess.