Re: [Proposal] CSS gradients

Charles A. Landemaine wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here's my proposal for the next specifications of CSS:
>
> We could style elements using scalable gradients using fixed and
> variable units. For instance ...
>
> I have uploaded an example for you to see better:
> http://www.imgplace.com/directory/dir3583/1197135240.png
> I hope you like the idea.

Hiya Charles,

I think we'll probably leave the gradient definitions with SVG:
you can use an SVG image to define the gradients (which gives you
a lot more flexibility than we could ever reasonably define in
CSS) and position it using the CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders
properties:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/

More browsers are supporting SVG, so I expect we'll see SVG as
background images become a practical solution for gradient
backgrounds on the Web.

~fantasai