Re: [CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders] border-radius

Brad Kemper wrote:

> As a designer, I can't imagine ever wanting my curved corners to be
> chopped off to a pointy juncture between top and bottom curve. I would
> expect the radius to get smaller if the one specified doesn't fit, so
> that a rounded-corner box remained a rounded corner box.  As far as
> exploiting the effect, keeping the corners round would be a cool way to
> create a cheap circle box. just specify a corner radius of 100 inches,
> and then a box size of 1em x 1em. Resize the text and get different
> sized circles.
>
> If you want pointy circles, you could use border images that did not
> resize.

Ok, makes sense to me. If the bottom of the box had a zero border-radius,
would you allow the top border-radius to extend past 50% of the box height?
E.g. 100% to make a half-circle?

What about more than 100% of the box height (the bottom corners would be < 90deg)?

~fantasai