Re: [CSSWG] Resolutions 2007-08-28

fantasai wrote:

[snip]

 >   Media Queries shall not include any normative requirements on
 > re-evaluating
 >     media queries in responses to changes in the environment, but shall
 > include
 >     a note explaining that a UA is expected to re-evaluate and re-layout
 > the page

Hmmm, I wonder if that is really optimal behaviour ?  At Royal
Holloway, we have just backed out code that effectively did
that, on the basis that a user re-sizing his window was
presumably doing so in order to see less (or more) of
the current document /as displayed/.  We then added a
hook to trap a page refresh and then and only then
re-consider how best the page might be presented at
the new size.

Our application was far more trivial than a full
re-layout (we were just computing the optimal base
font size for a given measure), but I wonder if the
thinking that led to our backing out code was also
considered when the CSS group reached this decision ?

Philip TAYLOR