Re: [css-d] Everything looks great...except Safari!

* Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:
>On Aug 16, 2007, at 5:49 PM, Nick Fitzsimons wrote:
>
>> There's nothing wrong with starting an id with a capital letter:
>> <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#type-name>
>> "ID and NAME tokens must begin with a letter ([A-Za-z])..."

>But
><http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#characters>
>[quote]
>In CSS, identifiers  (including element names, classes, and IDs in
>selectors) can contain only the characters [a-z0-9] and ISO 10646
>characters U+00A1 and higher, plus the hyphen (-) and the underscore
>(_); they cannot start with a digit, or a hyphen followed by a digit.
>[/quote]

The character class [a-z0-9] is meant to be read case-insensitively,
there is nothing wrong with using [A-Z] as the initial character (see
the tokenization rules preceding the section you quote and the grammar
appendix, though I guess the specification should say [a-zA-Z0-9] in-
stead).