Re: [css3-layout] First :current tab

On Friday 10 August 2007 02:44, Matthew Raymond wrote:
>    Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see any thing in the CSS3
> Advanced Layout Module that specifies how to determine the initial
> :current tab.

The current proposal says that initially the first tab is open, unless
there is a fragment ID on the URL that points to an element in some
other tab, in which case that other tab is open. (It is still an open
question how tabs are printed.)

I also assume, but that is not part of the spec, that after pressing the
Back button to go back to a page that has tabs, the tabs on that page
will be open exactly as they were when you left that page.

Do you think it is necessary to indicate a default tab other than the
first one?

> Also, how does one determine which tab is currently
> selected through scripting? Does one use the CSSOM, or do you use the
> Selectors API?

I don't know, but I guess there will be a way to check if an element
matches ':current' or not. I assume there is also already a function
that tells you if an element's boxes are (partially) visible, and if
so, which part. After all, tabs are just one of many ways to hide boxes
behind other boxes.

Bert