Re: [css3-selectors] :parent selector

fantasai wrote:
> My favorite:
>
>   :link {
>      background: navy;
>      color: white
>      border: outset thin white;
>   }
>
>   /* select links with img child, i.e. all image links */ {
>      background: transparent;
>      border: none;
>   }

Sorry I'm late, but would this have the same effect?

a:text-node {
   background: navy;
   color: white
   border: outset thin white;
}

"text-node" could be completely the wrong thing to call it, but is
intended to mean links which have only text within them, no tags (such
as img).

That may not encompass all the situations you might want, I was looking
for a variation on ":empty" here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2006Jul/0062
(But no reply).

I would have though that looks down the tree, not up?

Computationally (he guesses!) it would be check the link, and check if
it has another element within it, and bails on the first one, or applies
the style.

Given that an <a> is inline, you don't have the problem of infinite
children.

Kind regards,

-Alastair