Re: [css3-selectors] :parent selector

Le Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:54:56 +0300, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com> a écrit:

> As I've said a couple of times before, my real objections to a parent
> selector are
>
> (a) I don't like selectors that are incompatible with incremental
> rendering (since you risk displaying incorrectly styled content when
> doing incremental rendering while a page loads).  (This problem would be
> especially bad for parent selectors... moreso than say, :last-child).
>
> and
>
> (b) The performance of this selector would be terrible.
>
> dave
> (hyatt@apple.com)

Some people can live with both.

Please explain to us why is incremental rendering extremely important? Is
it very bad if parent selector styling would be applied only at the end?
Everything else, just like now. Oh, and at the end, a better algorithm
could be used (such as the one I suggested?).

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future