Re: Mixing percentage height and min-height

Ian Hickson wrote:
> "Using the value ... as", as in, re run the algorithm pretending that the
> computed value is that. We've updated the spec now to be more explicit, so
> that it says "These steps do not affect the real computed values of the
> above properties." after the steps.

Thanks.   That does make things clearer.

>>> No, the height of the containing block is not specified explicitly
>>> (i.e., it depends on content height), and the element in question is
>>> not absolutely positioned, so the value computes to 'auto', regardless
>>> of min-height and max-height.
>> That's not obvious from the spec, really.
>
> The paragraph you just quoted that I wrote up there is almost literally a
> quote from the spec.

The difference is that your version has ", regardless of min-height and
max-height".  Just adding that to the spec, or perhaps more like ", regardless
of the containing block's min-height or max-height", would be lovely.

-Boris