Re: [CSS3-Selectors] Spec problem: multiple pseudo-elements

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:50:11 +0200, Mike Bremford <mike-css@bfo.co.uk>
wrote:
> The CSS3 selectors module says in section 7:
>
>    "Only one pseudo-element may appear per selector, and if present
>     it must appear after the sequence of simple selectors that
>     represents the subjects of the selector. A future version of
>     this specification may allow multiple pesudo-elements per
>     selector."
>
> This doesn't allow the new tricks specified in the Generated Content
> module, eg
>
>    p::outside::before
>
> I'd suggest rewording to something like:
>
>    "Pseudo-elements must appear after the sequence of simple
>     selectors that represent the subject of the selector."

Given that the editors are the same, I'm sure this was intended. Also,
Selectors is not, strictly speaking, a CSS module.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>