Re: [CSS 3 Selectors] :empty -- Definition Error

Garrett Smith wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-selectors/
>
> E:empty  - an E element that has no children (including text nodes)
>
> If you really want to include text nodes, the definition must be changed.
>
 > E:empty  - a node E that has no children (including text nodes).
 >
 > The error is that text nodes are not elements nodes. e.g. a text node
 > cannot be element E because a text node is not an element.

But, unless I'm mistaken, it's not the intention here to include text
nodes in the :empty definition. The "including text nodes" refers to the
"children", not the "E element". So there really isn't any error here.

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/