Re: [css3] Proposal: spacing attribute.

----- Original Message -----
From: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: [css3] Proposal: spacing attribute.

>On Wednesday 2006-07-05 20:58 -0700, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>> The spacing attribute will allow to define 'cellspacing' html attribute
>> in
>> CSS.
>> (Currently table:cellspacing cannot be defined/modeled in CSS at all as
>> you
>> know).
>
>That's already in CSS2:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#propdef-border-spacing
>
>(And the cellpadding attribute on tables maps to the 'padding' property
>on the cells.)
>
>-David

Thanks, David,

There was second part in my proposal: about 'spacing' as
a child-spacing for other than table elements.
And I think we should try to use more universal attributes
rather than to define table specific ones.

So probably makes sense to widen definition of border-spacing
to other than table elements?

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com