Re: Extending CSS

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 12:58:32 +0100, Daniel Glazman
>> I don't think it was overlooked. CSS is designed in a way that
>> everything that is not understood will be dropped and therefore doesn't
>> end up in the CSSOM (CSS Object Model). I'm not sure if you really want
>> to make it more complex.
>
> Editing tools care about **all** declarations, valid for the local
> parser or rejected. CSSUnknownRule was impossible to implement, but it's
> still immensely useful for editing tools and filters.

If your editor uses the CSSOM internally, I suppose that's true. That
seems an implementation detail though. You can probably compare it with an
HTML editor where in source view the author wants to preserve the
attribute order and the insignificant whitespace between attributes. Or
the way attributes are declared (contenteditable versus
contenteditable="true").

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>