Re: Question about linking CSS to XML vocabularies

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 20:38:58 +0100, Andrew S. Townley <ast@atownley.org>
wrote:
> I'm not quite sure I follow what you're saying here.  I'm pretty sure
> that "#id" and ".class" by default only match the xhtml:id and
> xhtml:class attributes.

"id" and "class" don't exist in the XHTML namespace. Anyway, any attribute
of type ID (see XML specification) can be matched by "#". Furthermore, any
attribute of type "class" can influence how "." works. Such as the class
attribute in SVG.

> If I had something like myvocab:id and
> myvocab:class attributes in a content model, I wouldn't expect it to
> match,

Depends on whether or not myvocab:id is an attribute of type ID. Same for
myvocab:class.

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-namespace/ has nothing to do with this.

> As far as the proprietary format question, if it's a registered MIME
> type like, say Atom or even something else that should be presented to a
> user on the Web, it seems to me that that's what CSS was for.  Maybe I
> misunderstood you.

Atom isn't supposed to be read directly (as in, styled with CSS) by end
users. That would break on things like type="html" and all that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>