Re: Question about linking CSS to XML vocabularies

Andrew S. Townley wrote:

> Where I'm going with this is that if you had a CSS engine that could be
> loaded with rules and apply them to a particular document, using the
> namespace support already being proposed for CSS3, wouldn't you
> potentially also need a corresponding CSS XML vocabulary to define the
> necessary attributes, e.g. css:class, css:style and arguably a css:id?
> The down-side is that to take advantage of this with vocabularies which
> were validated, support for these attributes or an open attribute
> content model must be supplied in the schema.

I have called for class and style attributes available in all xml
dialects without distinction for ages. From my perspective, styling
should be a basic feature of XML and these two attributes should
probably belong to the xml namespace, just like xml:id, and be
defined along with the xml-stylesheet processing instruction.
A necessary addition is the style element.

Now, if you ask me if we need the xml namespace at all, that's another
story... ;-)

</Daniel>