Re: Downloadable fonts and image replacement

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:23:21 +0200, Simon Pieters <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> I think that the following should be equivalent:
>
>    H1 { content: url(sparkly_heading_text.png); }
>    H1 { content: url(sparkly_heading_text.png), contents; }
>
> ...because I think that authors will use the first example and expect
> the contents to be used as a fallback. Many authors don't test to
> disable images so they won't realise that the contents aren't used as a
> fallback, and thus the contents won't be accessible to some users.

This has been discussed with the editor already and he agreed to make the
change. Not really interested in digging up the relevant link though,
sorry.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>