Re: Styling by attribute-based association?

Matthew, apply :
   li > nl > li { display:none }
   li > nl > li > label { display:block }
   li[open] > nl > li { display:block }

   li > nl { backround-image: plus.png; background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: 3px 3px;}
   li[open] > nl { backround-image: minus.png }

To the following:

<nl>
    <label>Contents </label>
    <li href="#introduction">Introduction</li>
    <li>
       <nl>
           <label>Terms</label>
           <li href="#may">May</li>
           <li href="#must">Must</li>
           <li href="#should">Should</li>
       </nl>
    </li>
    <li href="#conformance">Conformance</li>
    <li href="#references">References</li>
</nl>

and you will get something close to collapsible trees.

In fact collapsible tree behavior (TreeView) needs something more  - ability
to navigate through items by arrow keys - like in select
this is why I've choosen <select> as a base for implementation
of collapsible trees. In fact I have only one behaivor: "select" which
covers all <select> cases - collapsible and plain.

See "master style sheet" internally used in htmlayout component:
http://www.terrainformatica.com/htmlayout/master_ss.css

And screenshot at
http://www.terrainformatica.com/htmlayout/images/selects2.jpg:

Andrew Fedoniouk.