Re: CSS3-UI revisited

dolphinling wrote:
> Matthew Raymond wrote:
>
>>*** Problems with the CSS3-UI Specification ***
>
> Without having read the CSS3-UI spec (I will (when should I get to it
> by?)), how about the following change?
>
> | CSS3-UI applies only to form elements.

   If you mean that the /selectors/ in CSS3-UI only apply to form
elements, that would solve some problems but not all of them. For
instance, it wouldn't solve the problem of an <input readonly> element
matching :read-write in an editor. It also wouldn't solve the problem of
disabled controls matching :read-only. Remember that :read-only and
:read-write are defined with regards to "user-alterability" and not by
any definition of read-only or read-write in XForms or HTML.

> There's a big split between forms (the "Application" part of a web page)
> and non-forms (the "Document" part of a web page). This split is in
> meaning, use, their entire reason for existing. Shouldn't there be a way
> to style one and not the other?

   I recall someone suggesting a :control selector or something similar,
if that's what you mean. While this could be useful in some cases, it
doesn't solve specific problems I'm trying to address.