Re: Styling by attribute-based association?

The CSS2 attribute selector [1] allows you to style labels with a for
attribute like this:

label[for] { border: thin dashed }

The first case you discribe (1) is not possible with current CSS, but
one could argue if it should. It sounds like behaviour to me (and should
therefor be handled by script).

Sincerly,

ACJ

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/selector.html#attribute-selectors