Re: several messages

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Robin Berjon wrote:

> Is the CSS WG hereby implying that properties in the general W3C
> property namespace but not in CSS specifications cannot occur in
> text/css documents (and perhaps that another media type should be used)?

Yes. (This should be clear from the text/css MIME type registration.)

> If so this is a serious coordination issue, and it is a pity that the
> CSS WG did not bring it up while reviewing the relevant specifications,
> several of which were published many years ago.

I believe that many issues have been raised over the years along these
lines (e.g. the fact that 'font' in SVG 1.0 is not compatible with 'font'
in CSS1 was raised many years ago -- still not addressed, by the way).

Consider. Would the SVG working group object to the CSS working group
introducing an <svg:flow> element to the SVG namespace?