Re: What 'Advanced Layout' suggestions have been proposed?

Dimitri, apologies if you recieve this twice as I've just realised
that I accidently took my reply off-list! I think Gmail will handle
the duplicate for you, though ;-)

On 03/10/05, Dimitri Glazkov <dimitri.glazkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ben,
>
> I don't see how, but possibly I am missing something. The media
> queries are more of a "device-specific" query schema. My example deals
> with content presentation. For instance, should Firefox support media
> queries, it would pretty much always return the same result for a
> given query, regardless of how content laid out on the page.
>
> Does this make any sense?

It does indeed, as currently this is how media queries are used in the
wild. However I'm referring to the new features present in the CSS3
Media Queries module. A good example is the abilty to query based on
the width of the content area, as described here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/CR-css3-mediaqueries-20020708/#width

I believe that answers your original question, which was:
> how would one go about defining conditional reodering, i.e. changing
> the way content is pseudo-structured based on momental presentational
> qualities (current min width of content, etc.)?

Hope that helps,
Ben