Re: [CSS21] Status of defult (intrinsic) style sheet in UA

----- Original Message -----
From: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>

>>On Tuesday 2005-11-22 14:02 -0800, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>>> "User agent: Conforming user agents must apply a default style sheet (or
>>> behave
>>> as if they did) prior to all other style sheets for a document....."

>We should just remove the words "prior to all other style sheets for a
>document", since they're redundant and potentially confusing if
>interpreted too literally.

>-David

David, it is not that easy as far as I can see.

Since the intention is to combine two systems in one then
user should know list of !important (at UA level) attributes up front.
This means that such list must be defined in spec.
Otherwise it is a mess - user will need to mark all his/her styles
as !important just in case not to be overriden by particular UA.
( OT: this !important thing looks like ugly strut in overall design of CSS )

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com