Re: (spam on w3 list) 60 Jahre Befreiung: Wer feiert mit? (Please update your virus software)

On Mon, 16 May 2005 23:02:39 +0300, Pascal Schmitt <postmaster@cebra.nu>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Emrah BASKAYA wrote:
>

>> Are we being spammed????
>

> Indeed we are, it is the worm Sober:
> http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM%5FSOBER%2EU&VSect=P
>
> It seems as if some members' computers are infested...

This is bad because I just received an email telling ME to stop spamming.
I have no worms, viruses and the like, running latest virus software. The
worm is probably inserting random names from the addressbook to the from
field, which sadly includes our names and adresses.

Please if you are reading this, care to do a full virus scan after
updating your virus software.

--
Emrah BASKAYA
www.hesido.com