Re: [CSS3] Recommendation for 'text-columns' property

On Saturday 30 April 2005 10:08, Benjamin Kalytta wrote:
> I've drawn up an html document which describes a new recommended
> 'text-columns' property.
> Idea behind this is to render text in more than one column. Instead
> using many css properties to achieve this. This would allow the user
> agent to render one <element></element> into multiples rows without
> using any tables.
>
> Document is stored at http://www.kalytta.com/text-columns.html
> because it contains some images.
>
> Im open to discussions.

There is a draft of columns in CSS3. It has column-count and
column-width, as in your proposal, although it doesn't allow columns of
unequal widths. But it has a lot of details on other cases.

It has been implemented (partly, experimentally) in Mozilla and in
Prince. Maybe you can review it and send your comments here?

    http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-multicol

Bert