Re: Stand-in color before images load

Matthew Raymond wrote:
>    Forbid image loading for properties of :alt. There's no reason to
> have them anyways, since the idea is that the images can't be loaded.

>    Then again, you could have situations where a specific image format
> won't load.

Yes, so I think image loading for properties of :alt should be allowed. It
would also allow a webmaster to give the same image a second chance at
problem with the first was a server time-out. Each thing you forbid is
another exception to the rule that the web developer has to remember. I'd
rather put the burdeon on the developer of the agent than on all of the web
developers. (Especially since I'm a web developer.)

> I think that perhaps a different solution would be better
> for that, though. Perhaps something like this:

> | p { background: transparent url("marble.png", "marble.gif"); }

I like that in addition to the above.