Re: Why reduce font size

Brian Sexton wrote:

> I do not think we should appeal to the failings of a particular
> browser--any particular browser, regardless of how common it is--as a
> point against using those so-called fixed sizes or anything else.

I think the key here is defining where we place said fixed sizes. Should
I want to base my designs on, say 12px Copper Plate Gothic Light, that's
all well and good--as long as I specify this size explicitly in  the
root element only, allowing the user to use an !important rule to
override my settings in a user style sheet. Accessibility concerns come
in when other areas of a document (div#navbar, etc.) have explicitly
stated sizes, thereby side-stepping the cascade.
--

Ryan Cannon
Instructional Technology