Re: CSS is doomed (10 years per version ?!?)

On 7/2/05, Ryan Cannon <ryan@ryancannon.com> wrote:
> On Jul 2, 2005, at 10:11 PM, Orion Adrian wrote:
>
> > Under the CSS model, the addition of <B>, <I>, <U>, <FONT>, etc could
> > never be removed. It would still be in HTML 5.0, 6.0 and so on.
> >
> > What is the mechanism to remove bad design decisions from the
> > language in CSS?
> >

> Isn't :before deprecated in this way for ::before? Not a big change,
> but a change nonetheless.

There is a mechanism, but a major reluctance to use it. There is also
a reluctance to call versioning what it is.

The change you're talking about was the separation of pseudo-elements
(:) and peudo-classes (::). Though I could be mixing the syntaxes up.

Orion Adrian