Re: [CSS3UI] x/y cursor hotspot values

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005, Christian Biesinger wrote:

> I got a question about the hotspot position values. They are defined to
> be a <number>, i.e. non-integer values are allowed. But, what is the
> meaning of a non-integer value? For that matter, what is the unit of the
> x/y position? I would assume (device) pixels, but the spec does not
> say... And a non-integer value for a pixel unit does not make much sense
> to me.

We discussed this on IRC, but just for completeness, the numbers are not
device pixels, they are image coordinate space units. So if the image has
a coordinate space of 0..1, 0.5 would be the middle of the image. If the
image has coordinate square space in the range 0..31 (as a Windows .cur
file might) then 0,0 would be the top left side, and 33,-2 would be two
pixels to the right and above the top right corner.

HTH,