Re: [CSS3] UI element states pseudo-classes

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> Why not
> option[selected]?
> why selected state needs to be named as ":checked"?

An option can be selected without having a "selected" attribute.  As for why use
:checked, why not?  Selecting an <option> is conceptually identical to checking
a <checkbox> (in fact, lynx implements <select> as a set of checkboxes).

> Boris, it is a sort of esoteric statement for me.
> Could you provide a sample of element having
> :enabled :disabled

That doesn't happen.

> and :neither-enabled-nor-disabled state.

This one is "any element that can't ever be enabled".  The definition of
:disabled says "an element that _could_ be enabled, but isn't right now".  So
for example, I would say that <html:html> should not match :disabled, since
there is no concept of "enabling" for the <html:html> element.

-Boris