Re: [css3-background], comments on 'border-radius'

On Thursday 17 February 2005 08:47, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> Under the light of border-image: do we need border-radius at all?
>
> To be implemented with good quality on media:screen rounded corners
> should use
> antialiasing.  No other module in CSS requires AA. Of course if SVG
> is not a part of renderer.
> I think that specialized tools like XaraX will produce better bitmaps
> with rounded corners than any CSS renderer in runtime.

Not necessarily. You don't know what screen the user has. It may be a
CRT, a vertically striped LCD, a printer with much higher resolution
than you are prepared to make images for, or a handheld screen with
limited colors. Using the platform-provided drawing routines gives you
a better chance of getting high-quality (and fast!) rendering.

But it is not forbidden to provide SVG images for the corners. It's an
extra download and you may have to make alternative images for UAs that
don't implement SVG, but if you want to have that extra precision, you
can.

Bert