Re: Display: inline-table

On 8 Feb 2005 at 15:16, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Staffan Måhlén wrote:
> >
> > When is the display value 'inline-table' typically used?
>
> When you want blocks to flow next to each other, and want those blocks to
> have table-like renderings.

Ok, so we've got 'inline-block' and 'inline-table'. The 'run-in'
depends on following content, but why is there no 'inline-list-item'?
(IMHO the marker should not be 'display' dependant at all of course).

To me it would have made sense to have only
block-context-participating tables, and if you really really wanted a
table in a line, put it inside an 'inline-block' now that they are
available.

Thanks for the quick reply,
 /Staffan