Re: Selectors:Editorial: 6.6.6

Ian Hickson wrote:

> In the last version of this specification, section 6.6.6. defined the
> :contains() pseudo-class. This pseudo-class has been removed from the
> draft (due to lack of implementations), but we did not wish to renumber
> all the sections as this would cause references to this specification to
> become stale and incorrect. (The specification has existed with the
> current section numbers for over five years, and references to it exist
> in many places.)
>
> Please let me know if this explanation does not satisfy you.

The explanation at least doesn't make me gag like the Biblical one did.
  That's an improvement. :-)

However this is a last call working draft of a spec that I don't think
is yet widely implemented or referenced. Having a blank section like
this is just an ugly wart. I would prefer to simply remove it and let
the renumbering fall where it may.