Re: [CSS21] Wider variety of (non-junk) examples requested

On 8/26/05, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> On Friday 2005-08-26 19:02 -0400, Orion Adrian wrote:
> > On 8/26/05, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> > > Perhaps, but I don't think that the work to maintain the duplicate
> > > copies of the examples is worth the work given that testing should be
> > > done with the test suite.
> >
> > I for one can tell you it would be very useful to me.
>
> But is that worth developing CSS specifications at 90% the rate they
> would otherwise be developed?  75%?  50%?  In the case of CSS2.1, I
> think it actually might be less than 50%, considering the current stage
> of development.

I think a lot of people can't comprehend how having someone provide
containers for the templates and provide them for linking could
possibly take up 50% of the CSS2.1 WG's time. Might it slow do that
for one or two people? Yeah I could see that. I do understand the
importance for precision here and the difficulty.

I will ask for one thing. How many man-hours a week are spent on CSS
2.1? I don't need anything approaching precision in the answer, but is
it 10? 50? 100?

--

Orion Adrian