Re: [CSS21] Wider variety of (non-junk) examples requested

On 8/26/05, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> On Friday 2005-08-26 18:56 -0400, Orion Adrian wrote:
> > Do we seriously believe that someone who is writing a browser, a
> > fairly difficult piece of software to write, will limit themselves to
> > the examples and not test against the test suite? Also shouldn't all
> > examples be also worthy of testing assuming the hypothetical full
> > linked version were valid?
>
> Perhaps, but I don't think that the work to maintain the duplicate
> copies of the examples is worth the work given that testing should be
> done with the test suite.

I for one can tell you it would be very useful to me. I love it
whenever I find an example that not only shows me the tight view, but
also how it fits into the context. The biggest problems I usually have
is when I find examples on the web (C++, C#, Java, CSS or the like)
that are fragments. The fragments never seem to scale back out into my
little projects.

--

Orion Adrian