Re: [CSS21] Proof of CSS 2.1 / CSS 2.0

Le 05-08-23 à 15:42, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Karl Dubost wrote:
>>> Is Appendix C satisfactory to this end?
>>
>> Not really.
>
> In that case I doubt we'll be able to satisfy your comment.
> Creating the
> kind of report you are asking for would take months if not years,
> and the
> CSS working group doesn't have the bandwidth to do this.
> Eventually, with
> the creation of the CSS 2.1 test suite (a long-term project) we
> will be
> able to report on the status of CSS 2.1 implementations; however, the
> differences between CSS 2.1 and CSS 2 are numerous and I don't think a
> report of the status of CSS 2 implementations, which would take
> just as
> long to create and would require a separate test suite of its own,
> would
> be useful as anything more than a curiosity.

There might be an intermediate possibility. A report which justify/
shows what has not been implemented. Each time there was a change  or
a feature dropped in CSS 2.1 with regards to CSS 2.0.
     A test case could illustrate and reports on buggy
implementations and then explain why it has been decided to drop it.

And yes definitely, during CR, the CSS 2.1 Test Suite will give the
opportunity to show that CSS 2.1 implementations exist. My issue
could for this matter stays open until the end of CR phase and then
it will not block you to pass the transition from LC to CR.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***