Re: aspect ratio of box

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> So is the real problem we're trying to solve the fact that the UA can't
> preserve the aspect ratio before the image data has started coming in,
> since it doesn't know what to preserve?

Yes, and I'm proposing that the intrinsic height and width be specified for
such a case, so we don't have to manually calculate the aspect ratio.

Simon Siemens wrote:
> The HTML specification explicitly encourages the use of the width and
> height attribute to enable a stable layout while loading the whole page.
> However in the latest XHTML2 specification I can't find these two
> attributes anymore."

So I assume you can't specify the height and width in XHTML2. Even if you
could, it would have to work differently than in HTML (according to
fantasi), so that CSS would see the XHTML2 image's height and width, as
specified in the XHTML, as the intrinsic image size and use it to calculate
the aspect ratio.

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.