Re: Table property for Mobile devices

Justin Wood (Callek) wrote:

> "Transformation" is not for CSS, its XSL-T.
>
> I would argue that the PDA/Cell-phone renderer should provide a
> "scrolling" mechanic for the table, but that is me, and may not be
> feasable. (I have never used or worked on a PDA/Cell-phone browser)
>
> ~Justin Wood (Callek on moznet irc)

Indeed.  Such an idea was tossed around with respect to rows as a
possible use of the 'thead' and 'tbody' tags.  However, there is no
current provision in CSS or elsewhere for the same effect in columns.
As it stands most small screens scroll the whole page horizontally or
clip; essentially the kind of uncomfortable browsing experience that
makes designing for small screens so different.

Kp